23 February 2009

I Don't Want to Write About . . .

Today I don’t want to write about myself.
I don’t want to write about this blank page, this pen or this hand moving across the page.

I don’t want to write about writing or reading.
I don’t want to write about yesterday or today or tomorrow.
I don’t want to write about religion or politics, my menstrual cycle or lack there of.
I don’t want to write about food or how it grows, how to prepare it or what it tastes like.

I don’t want to write about my ancestors, grandchildren or lack there of.
I don’t want to write about children or stepchildren, husbands or ex-husbands.
I don’t want to write about sex – too much, too little, or just the right amount.
I don’t want to write about licking or caressing or inserting this or that.
I don’t want to write about kissing or the difference between a woman’s mouth and a man’s mouth.
Don’t ask me to write about any of those things today.

No comments: